Friday, April 15, 2011

I Feel Pretty

My cubemates decided that yesterday was going to be a dress-up day at work, where we all wear our best (that's professionally appropriate, of course). They told some other coworkers about it, and a whole bunch of us showed up yesterday wearing suits and other nice clothes that we've only ever worn at best a handful of times. More, these were clothes that we have only worn once.

I have often run into this problem. I have so many dresses that I bought for friend's weddings and other special occasions, or because it was on sale, but I rarely if ever get the chance to wear them. So I was all on board with this. Any opportunity to feel pretty is always a good thing!

We're thinking about doing this once a month. So, once a month, I get to dress to feel pretty, which is always great for my self-esteem and body image.

What also helps is that I went to the doctor yesterday and found out that I'm nearly an inch taller than I thought. I can legitimately start telling people I'm 5'2" now, not 5'1"!

No comments:

Post a Comment