- Get a job working on interplanetary satellites.
- Live in Japan for 1-2 years.
- Go to Italy.
- Run a marathon. (This October!)
- Relearn the piano. (Working on it! Measure of success: learning a classical piece)
- Watch all movies that won the Academy Award for Best Picture. (Working on it: 19 of 83)
- Complete NaNoWriMo. (Maybe this November?)
- Complete a sprint triathlon.
Find an outlet for consistent speaking of Japanese.(Lessons every Tuesday evening.) Join a club/organization that aligns with interests.(Rock Bottom Running Club!)
- Complete a 1000+ piece puzzle.
- Learn a new artistic skill.
Learn a new “technical” skill.(Unix and SQL)
- Get a master’s degree.
- Read 100+ novels. (Working on it! The count starts this year (2011). 6 of 100)
- Vacation in Hawaii.
- Visit the Grand Canyon.
- See a show on Broadway.
- Learn Italian. (Working on it! Measure of success: can I hold a basic conversation?)
- Learn American Sign Language.
- Visit all 50 states. (35/50 - 70% of the way there!)
- Pay off all student loans. (Working on it!)
Move out of the parents’ house/be completely financially independent.(Done!)
- Achieve these PRs:
5K: Sub-25 minute
10K: Sub-50 minute
Half: Sub-2 hour
Learn how to cook.(Done!)
- Go on a cruise.
- Write a novel.
- Move back to Denver.
- Run a half marathon in under 2 hours.
- … Get married?
The rest, well. This is what my New Year's resolutions will be based off of. Of course, these goals are subject to change based on how I grow and mature and how life in general goes, but if I can accomplish a good portion of these, I will consider it a success.