Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Technical Difficulty

Yesterday was not a good day for me and technology, at work or here at home. Home, especially, drove me insane: at least ten times my laptop kept overheating and shutting off on me! Ten! Not to mention that it seemed to have a huge issue with letting my sound work. One more day of fail, and I will seriously consider buying a new computer.

But the day was not completely horrible. The sun was shining, the wind was only a light breeze, and I didn't need a jacket no matter how long I was out there! That, I'll take.

I also had another journey to Whole Foods. It's quickly becoming my new Target, where I stop in for "just a few things" and walk out with twice as much as I went in for. But they had pomegranate seeds. Pomegranate seeds! I couldn't help myself. They also sell items I had trouble tracking down at King Sooper's, so I just had to buy them then and there. Oh, excuses.

I'm starting to spend all my money on food. Which is fine, since I'm spending it on health food, but considering the big purchases I have coming up, it's time to be serious about limiting my Whole Foods spending to produce and cat food.

Not that King Sooper's doesn't have good food. While shopping around the seafood section this weekend, I stumbled upon this:


It was too tempting not to buy, plus I always enjoy an easy, no-prep, "throw it in the oven/microwave" sort of meal. And last night, this was my dinner.


The salmon florentine was really good! The spinach salad (with feta and diced tomatoes) and the strawberry jam toast complemented it deliciously.

But for the rest of the week, I will be taking part in UK's National Vegetarian Week, so that's the only fish that's going in my system until Sunday. The other florentine is in the freezer, ready to be microwaved for the next time I want to have it.

Considering how this week is going to go with the cooking of old recipes with non-meat substitutes, next week will probably be leftovers day. I'm excited to make tempeh curry tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment