Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekly Workout Recap

This weekend was ridiculously busy, so much so that a) I wasn't able to keep up my twice a day workouts and b) I was much too exhausted for my long run yesterday. On both these points, I'm actually not too upset about. I did a lot of walking around that it might as well have been a second workout, and for the second point, it was my step-back week so missing a 5 mile run doesn't feel like a big deal.

I will be posting about my busy weekend later this evening, but for now, my weekly workout recap:

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: 30 Day Shred / RBRC 5K
Thursday: 3M Run / Pilates
Friday: 4M Run / Rest
Saturday: Swimming (350 yds) / Rest
Sunday: Rest

So, okay, a lot of resting going on, but rest is just as important to fitness as exercising is. And, again, I did a lot of walking around this weekend.

My plan for this week is going to be a hard one but absolutely doable. I'm not nearly as busy this weekend as I was last weekend, and I shouldn't have another weekend like that one for a while. The big thing to do on Saturday before Julia's wedding: 9 mile run! I'm also switching from a WRFS run schedule to a TWRS run schedule, plus attempting two swim workouts instead of just one. Who knew swimming could be so fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment