Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fourth of July Weekend, Day 1

Yesterday, Sunny dutifully woke me up at 5am to be fed. Shortly after, I went on my 10-mile run.

It wound up being only a 9.5 mile run. It was hard, and I walked a lot after the 7-mile mark. I think I might have worked out too intensely on Friday? I made sure not to overwork my legs but I don't think that anything else helped. Also, I should have brought gels with me on the run and maybe not have started out as fast as I did. Lessons learned for next week's 12-mile run!

After a quick breakfast of toast topped with sprouts and a fried egg, and a fruit salad, I packed up some things and drove up to Denver for Aimee's daughter's birthday party. Aimee made this beautiful cake based off of Avalon's wishes: dinosaurs! Didn't she do an amazing job?


The birthday girl also got to open one of her gifts early, which was a kiddie pool from her grandmother. She and her sister really seemed to enjoy it a lot!


It was a great afternoon to spend with Aimee and the girls before they go back to Korea on Tuesday. It's hard to imagine that the next time I see them, Avalon will be starting the first grade and Ronan will be three! They're growing up too fast, Aimee. Make them stop. (I'll also get the rest of the pictures I took up on Facebook by the end of the weekend!)


I had to leave early for the first part of my Fourth of July celebrations: a Rockies game (we won!) with fireworks! This is actually the highlight of my weekend, since the rest of it will be spent cleaning my apartment.

 

Overall, a great Saturday. Now I spend today cleaning my apartment and most likely doing a short workout with Jillian. I thought about going for a swim, but after yesterday's tough workout, I think I need a bit of a break. Swimming tomorrow, then! Also tomorrow, to continue celebrating the Fourth: making tofu burgers and watching Independence Day. Because it's just not the Fourth of July until Will Smith punches an alien in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment