Thursday, July 14, 2011

Long Time, No Blog!

It's been a while since I last wrote an entry! Every time I thought about writing one, exhaustion took over and I opted to stay on my couch to read instead. Luckily, nothing too interesting has been going on in my life.

The biggest thing to note, though: I have been killing my 3-mile and 5K running times! On Tuesday, I took to the hills and managed to run 3 miles in 29'51"! And then yesterday, at the Rock Bottom Running Club, I did something I hadn't done in a couple of years: a sub-30 5K! It's true what I said before: the only reason why I couldn't run faster was because I wasn't running faster. By pushing myself, I'm quickly improving my times!

But, this morning, I struggled. I think it's because I didn't set out with any specific goal in mind. I might also not have gotten the best sleep, and my body might have been too tired. But the time still wasn't bad, and still a lot better than my average 10:30 pace. 2.5 miles in 25 minutes? I'll take it, still!

With 13 miles coming up this weekend, I have to get out of the fast mindset and into the endurance mindset. I'll still aim for an average pace of less than 11:00... for now. I think it's time to determine what I want my marathon race pace to be and really start training accordingly.

Later tonight, or perhaps tomorrow, I'll talk about the July Limited Junk Food Challenge I've instilled for myself, since I'm nearly halfway through. I will say this, though: in some regards, it's easy and wonderful, and in others... oh, chocolate, why must you be my weakness?

No comments:

Post a Comment