Friday, April 29, 2011

Looking Ahead

I'm feeling a lot better today! And I'm also back to the eating habits I'm trying to instill for myself. Oh, Mom and Dad. I love you and I thank you for so many things, but every time you visit my pantry and my fridge gets stocked with the exact junk food that I just cannot resist.

Because of this week, though, I won't be weighing myself on Saturday or Sunday but next Friday. That should hopefully do the trick.

The weekend is looking to be pretty awful, weather-wise. More rain and snow, coming our way! The worst of it will be Saturday afternoon through Sunday morning, it seems, so instead of running 9 miles on Sunday, I'm doing it tomorrow. Which means I want to eat pasta, but I'm not so keen on cooking a new recipe tonight and spaghetti isn't really appealing. Maybe I can defrost the leftover carbonara from Easter and devour that with a side of salad? If I can't do that, I'll be researching Panera Bread's pasta options, and if that doesn't work out for me, I guess I'm stopping into Whole Foods and getting a pasta salad.

My four mile run yesterday was really nice, and not as long as painful as I'm used to. I even did the same old boring route as usual! Maybe running by the little kids' soccer games helped motivate me; maybe I'm just that much more in shape. I even got Week 1, Day 2 of the sit-ups and dips done, too, on top of helping my friend pack (even if I was more morale support than anything else)!

Today is my "rest" day, and aside from my daily walk at work, I'm feeling antsy enough to do something else. Maybe I'll go do a little shopping, or play one of my dancing video games. I'm getting off work early today, so I don't want to just laze around and do nothing at home. Oh, I'll figure it out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment