Monday, April 25, 2011

My Banana Challenge

I do not like bananas. At all. My entire life, I protested eating them and never, ever touched them. Ironically, I love strawberry banana yogurt and juice, and banana nut bread is my favorite. But after reading multiple articles such as Health Benefits of Bananas and 14 Banana Health Benefits You Might Not Know About, I decided to challenge myself to liking bananas. Maybe it's an acquired taste.

Today is Day One of this challenge. This week, I only have three bananas I need to try to eat. I was planning on eating it with my breakfast this morning, but two hours later I'm still in a staring contest with it. I have it on my desk here at work with the rest of my lunch and snacks in the fridge, so if I get hungry and in the need to eat now, the banana will be all I have.

A part of me is wanting to wait until lunch or after lunch to eat it, since it's supposedly a good source of energy, and I always suffer from afternoon slumps. But we'll see how long it takes for me to cave until then.

I win this staring contest if, by the time I leave work, I eat the banana. The banana wins if I go all day without ever taking a bite out of it.

At least it's not melon. Or cantaloupe. Other fruits I despise. (Again, though, melon soda is one of my favorite drinks in the world. Especially with vanilla ice cream in it. Mmmmm...)

No comments:

Post a Comment