After a busy and wonderful weekend, I had intended to do a lot yesterday: do my first fitness swim, plan out my weekly meals, do some shopping, work on my page for DetermiNation, clean out my bathroom, among other things. I woke up around 7am to feed myself and my cat and promptly fell asleep on the couch right after eating. Three hours later, I rose and climbed into bed, where I continued sleeping until 3pm.
I did manage to get some shopping done and had to refrain from adopting the cutest kitten from PetCo. Other than that, it was a complete do-nothing day. After an entire month of never really getting a time to breathe, I think my body just checked out, and it felt great. Unfortunately, this led to a mostly lethargic day at work, but at least I got my AM workout done.
Instead of going to the gym to swim this evening, I'm thinking about using my complex's pool once all the kiddies have gone inside. I think I'd feel more comfortable trying to swim there for my first time. Besides, I really don't have anything besides a one-piece bathing suit. I should at least get a swimming cap before going to where all the serious swimmers go!
As for my monthly goals, I'm on track to accomplishing them.
- Raise at least $250 for DetermiNation. I posted a link up on Facebook this morning, but I took it down when more pressing matters came up. I'll repost tomorrow and try to work on my page tonight a little bit.
- Watch a Best Picture movie. Not on my agenda until either this weekend or next weekend.
- Read at least two books. This is going to be a much easier goal to accomplish than I thought! I finished The War of the Worlds on Friday, and I began reading The Girl Who Fell From the Sky, which I've already made massive progress through. Next up will probably be Homer's Odyssey, but I ordered three books from Amazon this afternoon that might come first. We'll see!
- Work on writing project. While I will not divulge the details of this project on this blog, I will say that I'm in the outlining stages, and I'm really excited to start writing it!
- Attempt 3 new recipes. I still can't find the blog where I found the recipe for the dinnertime quinoa, but once I find it, I'll share! Besides, I still need to grab some pictures of my rendition of it.
- Swim at least once a week. Hey, just because I didn't swim yesterday doesn't mean I've failed! There hasn't been seven days in June yet. ;D
- Continue with Japanese lessons. I have decided to read a chapter of a comic book a night for this, while taking notes on any new vocabulary and grammar I pick up. The comic I've chosen is from my mother's collection called Tera he...Yeah, I read old school Japanese comics!
I also decided to try out some new forms of peanut butter. At Whole Foods, they sell these small packets which I thought would a great way to sample new flavors.
But of course, I had to eat these with something. Nothing better than apples!
Over the course of a couple of weeks, I snacked on these, and I've learned some things: almond butter is amazing. I like Nutella more than the chocolate hazelnut--something about the texture didn't sit right with me. I didn't like the raw Tahini butter by itself, but once I stirred it up in Nutella, yes! Perfection! The chocolate peanut butter was also not too bad.
So, I went out and bought some almond butter, which I will have after my swimming adventure tonight.
On a more solemn note, please keep the Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps in your thoughts. They started their tour last night and the color guard bus suffered a pretty bad accident. Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt and everyone has been released from the hospital, but trust me, as a victim of a couple of bus accidents during my drum corps career, this is nothing to take lightly!